High water in Soomaa yet to arrive 15.03
The best way to keep up to date with the changes in the water level of the rivers of Soomaa is to keep track of the water level reference table for the Halliste and Navesti rivers, found on the website of the Estonian Meteorological and Hydrological Institute, as well as news from the Friends of Soomaa group in Facebook.
In order to enjoy your time in the early spring in Soomaa, the State Forest Management Centre (RMK) recommends:
- before starting out, to examine the permeability of the roads leading to the national park and the condition of public visitor facilities at the Soomaa Visitor Centre;
- using the services of the companies listed on the website of the national park when getting acquainted with the fifth season;
- when planning a trip on your own, equipping yourself with relevant maps and navigation tools and other accessories required during a water trip;
- in the case of a personal water vehicle, we recommend checking its water-tightness and air-tightness before setting out;
- in early spring, we recommend that only adults in good physical condition attempt to traverse the longer stretches of the Halliste and Raudna rivers;
- when going on a water trip, leave your pets at home or on dry land with your friends; when walking on dry land, lead even the best trained pets with a leash.
Before visiting Soomaa, we recommend that you ask for more information from the RMK information point.